What Are The Best Books For WBSET?
The West Bengal State Eligibility Test or WB SET is conducted by West Bengal College Service Commission or WBCSC to determine the eligibility of aspirants for Assistant Professor in Universities and Colleges of West Bengal. To prepare for the WB SET exam that the WBCSC conducts, a good preparation strategy is a must. The WB SET exam is to recruit eligible aspirants for the post of Assistant Professor in various colleges across West Bengal. So, what makes a preparation strategy effective? Well, while there are a bunch of factors, one of the crucial factors in choosing the right WB SET Books for Preparation. BYJU’s Exam Prep experts has provided the list of books for WB SET exam.
WB SET General Paper Books
Check the Booklist for WBSET Paper 1 below
- General Knowledge (Lucent)
- General Knowledge (Arihant)
Language and Reasoning:
- High School English Grammar and Composition (Wren & Martin)
- Objective General English (SP Bakshi)
- Quantitative Aptitude (RS Aggarwal)
- A Modern Approach for Logical Reasoning (RS Aggarwal)
- Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for CAT (N. K. Sinha.)
- Aptitude (Talent Publication)
- Daily Newspapers (The Hindu, The Indian Express)
- Current Affairs Monthly Compilation (Vision IAS)
- Manorama Year Book
Foundation of Education and Communication:
- Foundations of Education (A. Chaube and S. P. Chaube)
- Foundations of Education (Jason C. Robinson)
WB SET Paper 2 Books- Subject-wise
Check the WBSET Best Books (Subject-Wise) below.
- UGC NET/SET (JRF & LS) English Literature by Arihant Experts
- Introduction to English Literature by W. H Hudson
- The Routledge History of Literature in English
- Bengali NET/SET by Balaram Bapari
- Hindi Bhasha Ki Parampara Aur Vikas (Dr. Ramprakash)
- Hindi Sahitya Ka Sankshipt Itihas (Dr. Vishwanath Tripathi)
- Kavita Ke Naye Pratiman (Dr. Namvar Singh)
- Hindi bhasha evam sahitya ka vastunishth itihas by Saraswati pandey, Govind pandey
- Corporate Accounting (Naseem Ahmed)
- Accounting Standards (D. S. Rawat)
- Indian Financial System (M. Y. Khan)
- Trueman’s UGC NET Commerce by Parveen Kataria, Anshu Kataria, and M. Shivani
- Indian Economy (Ramesh Singh)
- Economic Growth and Development (Mayer and Baldwin)
- Trueman’s UGC NET Economics by Sriniwas Shirur
- UGC NET/JRF/SET Economics (Paper-II) -Upkar Prakashan (Author-Gopal Garg)
- India since Independence by Bipan Chandra
- Trueman’s UGC NET History by Promod Singh
- Human Geography (Majid Hussain)
- Geographical Thoughts (Dixit)
- Class 10th, 11th & 12th Geography NCERT
WB SET Life Science Book:
- Upkar CSIR-UGC NET/JRF/SET Life Sciences (Paperback, Pushkar Kumar, A.P. Singh)
- CSIR-U.G.C. NET/JRF/SET Mathematical Sciences 2018, Upkar’s.
- Csir-Ugc Net/Jrf/Set Physical Sciences. by Anshul Gupta Paperback
- Csir-Ugc Net/Jrf Exam Solved Papers Physical Sciences. by Editorial Board: Pratiyogita Darpan
- Sociology Themes and Perspectives (Michael Haralambos & Martin Holborn)
- Social Problems In India (Ram Ahuja)
- Trueman’s UGC NET Sociology by S.Hussain
- Psychology Class XI & XII (NCERT)
- Introduction to Psychology (Morgan & King)
- Trueman’s UGC NET Psychology by Dr. Swati Maharshi
- UGC Net Psychology 2018 by Siddharth Mittal and Naroj Kumar Sahu (Arihant Experts)
- Trueman’s UGC NET/SET Computer Science and Applications by Sanjay Singhal, Sameer Mishra
WB SET Syllabus
WB SET syllabus 2022 is prescribed by the WBCSC for Paper 1 and 2. Basically, the WB SET Paper 1 syllabus comprises topics from Teaching and Research Aptitude. Apart from that, the Paper 2 syllabus differs for all 33 subjects. Aspirants should study each and every topic of the syllabus in detail.
Exam Pattern WB SET 2022
Basically, the WB SET or West Bengal State Eligibility Test is conducted in two sessions –
- Session I – This session contains Paper 1, which is conducted for 100 marks against 50 questions.
- Session II – This session contains Paper 2, which is conducted for 200 marks against a total of 100 questions. However, the questions will be from the subject that the candidate chooses.
Prepare for the WB SET exam with BYJU’s Exam Prep courses and test series.