Law courses offered under CUET [PG and UG]
The common university entrance test has become an attraction for many aspirants. Are you also preparing for this exam in 2023 to get admission into the law courses? If you are, you should be aware of certain things. Once you clear this exam, you can get a seat in multiple central, private, government and deemed universities. Over 100 universities are participating in this exam & granting admission to the students based on exam scores. NTA, an autonomous body, conducts this university exam. Let’s get a detailed view of this exam and the way to get a seat in a law course under CUET.
The exam overview & the law courses offered
Major universities like DU, JNU, JMI and BHU, Allahabad, and Aligarh & Kerala come under CUET. Other than this, multiple universities grant admission to students based on this course. If you want to get admission into the law course, then CUET offers the courses such as BA LLB, BBA LLB & BCom LLB etc. Once the results are out, the CUET participating colleges release their admission schedule and cut marks for the students! Mostly the exam date will be released in June. The online application form-filling process is easy & candidates can download their exam admit card without any hassle.
The exam pattern for LLB Exams under CUET 2022:
The exam conducting body NTA has prescribed the pattern for the entrance exam, which is divided into the 3 sections.
- The first section of the exam, section1, has 2 parts: Section IA and Section IB. So, there are a total of 13 & 19language options in Section IA & Section IB. The aspirant has the freedom to choose their language during the form-filling process.
- Based on the type of language, section 1A & 1B contains questions based on reading comprehension, narrative and literary and factual topics. The whole section of 1A contains 50 questions, where you have to cover at least 40 questions.
- Based on the domain, section 2 contains questions on Law topics, legal aptitude, politics & constitution subjects.
- Section 3 contains questions on a general test where a total of 75 questions will be asked of you. To pass the exam, you have to cover at least 60 of them.
- The mandatory qualification to apply for this exam is 12. So, the standard of the question paper will be based on that.
How to apply for the CUET law UG course?
- The applicants are suggested to check the list of CUET law colleges before filling out the form for this exam.
- Candidates are advised to verify the CUET membership conditions. At the time of the form-filling process, you have to select the participating universities of CUET.
- The eligibility conditions of CUET depend upon the regulatory bodies of the individual universities.
- This is required to choose the right CUET participating colleges because once the application is submitted, you cannot change it. So, it is recommended to choose the desired CUET law college thoroughly.
- If you want to choose more than 3 CUET colleges, you must pay an additional cost.
- You should be concerned about the plan code of CUET-participating universities.
- Before submitting the application form, you must prepare the supporting documents.
- Once the merit list is released, individuals should record the CUET colleges as per the claim while filling out the admission form.
What are the documents needed to get admission?
Here is the complete list of documents you must have while getting admission into the LAW college.
- CUET Marksheet
- Counselling Letter
- Caste certificate
- Character certificate
- Earnings certificate
- Valid ID proof, including (Aadhar card, Voter ID, Passport, etc.)
- Domicile certification
- A coloured Recent passport-sized photograph
Applying for this most prestigious test is completely worth it because of the participation of major universities. The credit score of CUET will be 50%, and that’s why students keep this on their priority list. If you want admission into this prestigious course, you should start your full-fledged preparation immediately.
Ways to prepare for CUET law exams:
- We all know that every entrance exam is different, So the first step to cracking any entrance exam is understanding the exam structure. It will grant you access to the best law universities. You should understand the Pattern, exam structure, and Syllabus, along with the universities participating under CUET.
- After this, you must set a timetable and explore the CUET syllabus. Draw up the timetable and start covering the topics based on this. Start your practice now through offline and online mediums. Think positive and motivated because this is the way to succeed in entrance exams like CUET.
Wrapping up things, we can say that CUET is the largest entrance exam that is going to happen in a few months. Students who passed their 12th can apply for this to broaden their professional careers.